It’s done! That has to be a record, no? Okay, not quite, as the Discworld yarn was a quick spin, but this is really great, to be done already with this lovely yarn! I’ve got 150m or so of 8-12 ply-ish (worsted-bulky) weight yarn, from a 3.25oz batt. I’m pleased with how squishy and lofty it is, in comparison to so many of my yarns which are (if one’s being generous) quite solid. I just love the long bits where the whole yarn is GLITTER!!!! Ahem.
I wet-finished it, and some patches of the yarn have gone a bit funny where the wool in the batt shrunk and the alpaca core yarn didn’t – also, it’s still a bit overplied, but all in all a really fun yarn. I guess I’ve just got to keep practising corespinning before I get really really good at it.
So, without further ado… here is A Wizard’s Staff Has A Knob On The End!
And for a bit of bonus photospam… click here for a panoramic shot of a whole skein!